Minutes of Meeting 11th December 2015

Dec 11, 2015

Minutes of Rotary Club of Gloucester’s Council meeting on December 11th 2015 at 2pm

Club number 19313 | Charity number 274097

1. PRESENT

Ian Stuart (president), Martin Henshaw, David Seed, Jan Layton-Smith, Clive Hannis, John Weygang, Amanda Chamberlayne, Jeremy Keck and John Lovell (secretary).

2. APOLOGIES

John Smith

3. MINUTES

Minutes of the November meeting were signed without amendment.

4. MATTERS ARISING

  • Martin H reported that Helen Chidgey who had been due to be inducted during the earlier club meeting had sent her apologies and it was agreed that Helen now be inducted on January 15th – the first meeting of 2016.
  • Martin said that he had been in contact with all club members who had not yet served in office as President, Senior Vice or Junior Vice. In consequence Matt Cass had offered to serve as President in 2019/20 and Julian Farr in 2020/21. Their adoption in post would, of course, be subject to the members’ approval. Martin said a line of succession was vital so that the projected presidents for the club’s centenary year (2020) could involve themselves in plans for the centenary. Subject to the club members’ approval the secretary was asked to invite both Matt and Julian to serve as ex-officio members of council from early in 2016.
  • Martin also agreed to give February’s club meeting an update on preliminary plans for the centenary and further agreed to submit ideas on a revamped Friends structure for the club.

5. PRESIDENT’S REPORT

  • Nothing to report

6. IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT

  • Nothing to report

7. SENIOR VICE-PRESIDENT’S REPORT

  • Nothing to report

8. JUNIOR VICE-PRESIDENT’S REPORT

  • No report

9. SECRETARY’S REPORT

  • Nothing to report

10. TREASURER’S REPORT

  • Nothing to add to comments he made at the earlier SGM when he reported a healthy surplus being carried through to the new Rotary year and that there were no problems with the club/members account.

11. COMMITTEE REPORTS

MEMBERSHIP

  • Clive H said he had not yet convened a meeting of his committee since his appointment as chairman but he understood that various suggested new members were in the pipeline

FELLOWSHIP AND HOUSE

  • Jan was given the go-ahead to acquire a new briefcase for use by her committee. She was also given the go ahead to acquire a Rotary blue table cloth for use on the House table to give a better impression of the club to visitors and projected new members.

INTERNATIONAL/FOUNDATION

  • John Smith had indicated there was no new developments he wished to report

COMMUNITY/YOUTH

  • Council members gave a warm reception to David S’s suggestion of inviting a Muslim speaker to address the club.

SPORTS/SOCIAL

  • No report

COMMUNICATIONS

  • Jeremy Keck said that, as yet, there had not been a great take up of tickets for a charity concert at Gloucester Cathedral on February 6, 2016 featuring the London Welsh Voice Choir to raise money for mobile chemotherapy units in the county. Flyers had been and were being circulated by himself and some club members.

FUNDRAISING

  • Amanda C said that she was disappointed with the club response to Christmas store and street collections. Her view was echoed by Jan L-S who was organising the collections for the Tree of Light. Amanda said she would ask Angela to circulate the rota for both the street and store collections again in the hope that there would be a more positive response from members, David Seed said that there was no sea cadets or scouts to help with this year’s collections and that council needed to review the position at its February meeting.

ANY OTHER BUSINESS

There was no business under this heading.

The next council meeting will take place at President Ian’s home on Monday February 15th 2016 at 6pm.

Council Minutes

Share via
Copy link
Powered by Social Snap