Minutes of Meeting 12th December 2016

Dec 12, 2016

Minutes of Rotary Club of Gloucester’s Council meeting on Monday, December 12th 2016

Club number 19313 | Charity number 274097

1. PRESENT

Martin Henshaw, Amanda Chamberlayne, Colin Rogers, John Weygang, David Seed, Jeremy Keck and John Lovell

2. APOLOGIES

Ian Stuart, Jan Layton-Smith. Peter Nesbitt, John Smith and Sue Smith

3. MINUTES

The minutes of the November meeting were signed without amendment

4. MATTERS ARISING

None

5. PRESIDENT’S REPORT

  • Martin thanked all those involved in this year’s Tree of Light and said that the launch had been exceptionally well done. He also congratulated Julian Farr on his success in attracting so much sponsorship.
  • Martin asked for cover for a District Council meeting at the Gables Hotel, Bristol Road, Falfield on Tuesday, January 11th. Jeremy Keck indicated he might be able to attend and Martin agreed to send him further details.
  • The President said there would be a District meeting for new members and their sponsors on February 22nd with more details of venue and time from Peter Nesbitt.
  • It was agreed that David Seed be the club’s voting delegate at next year’s Rotary GB&I conference

6. IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT

No report

7. PRESIDENT ELECT’S REPORT

No report

8. SENIOR VICE-PRESIDENT’S REPORT

No report

9. SECRETARY’S REPORT

Nothing to report

10. TREASURER’S REPORT

It was agreed that the President should speak with Matt Cass, Graham Howell and Bob Short to ensure that the club’s property, regalia and memorabilia are adequately covered by insurance.

11. COMMITTEE REPORTS

MEMBERSHIP

No report

FUNDRAISING

Amanda reported that so far the club had raised £6,066 from car parking. She added that rotas for the street and store collections were ‘looking good’ although there were still collection slots which needed filling.

David Seed said he was investigating the possible use by the club of a parking site owned by Tesco and run – from time to time – by the Gloucester Rugby Club. David felt that the club could offer more regular coverage and possibly split the proceeds with the rugby club. Amanda offered to investigate and was given he contact at the Rugby Club as Helen Chu.

FELLOWSHIP AND HOUSE

Following problems with the sound system at a recent meeting the President agreed to have a word with Clive Hannis with the intention of forming a small group of Rotarians who would be able to operate the system effectively.

INTERNATIONAL/FOUNDATION

In his absence John Smith reported that he was still awaiting a response from Peter Drysdale regarding the possibility of whether money raised as a memorial project for Colin Eynon could be spent on constructing a health centre in Fiji.

COMMUNITY/YOUTH

  • David said there had been no meeting in December.
  • It was agreed to circulate to members a report on a carers visit to Bath arranged by the club and which had proved extremely successful.

SPORTS/SOCIAL

  • Colin R circulated a comprehensive report covering a wide range of both past and future activities,
  • Contact had been made with county councillor David Brown who might have access to funding for a boules court at the Wall’s Club. Following other contacts with Activity Gloucester and Gloucester Disability Forum it was hoped that the court could made accessible to those in wheelchairs.

COMMUNICATION

Nothing to report

ANY OTHER BUSINESS

  • It was suggested that the proceeds from an evening next September/October be ring-fenced to helping Carers in Gloucester (young and not so young!). It was suggested that a possible speaker for the evening could be Daily Mail columnist Quentin Letts.
  • It was decided to call a special council meeting on Tuesday, January 24/Wednesday 25 to discuss Centenary plans. It was acknowledged that while there had been progress in various areas there was a need for a special meeting to ensure co-ordination and a better spread of information with a view to subsequently putting costed plans before the membership for their approval. Date and venue of meeting to be decided following President Martin taking soundings with all those involved with the arrangements.

DATE OF NEXT COUNCIL MEETING, MONDAY, FEBRUARY 13TH …. same place and venue as the December meeting.

Council Minutes

Share via
Copy link
Powered by Social Snap